This little civic project turned out to be much more than meets the eye. We first thought that this was a cone with its pointy end cut away. We later discovered that the “vertical” and “horizontal” members were all at different relationships to each other … and that was intentional! We developed a Custom Component to deal with the splices (they’re exposed in the rendering but are actually enclosed). We got there in the end, and it is an impressive piece of work. We learned a lot and have since developed tools to make this type of framing much more efficient for part processing and shop fit up.
Asymmetry, the $$$ multiplier (11163)
December 29, 2023